Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Beaming...

I put the half timbers on the front of  1/2" Tessie's house this morning.

I started with the longest strips first It was the four horizontal ones across the front.  I used the 1/4" by 3/32" strips for the main beams.

Then I went back in and put 3/16" by 3/32" beams between those. 
It's a bit difficult to see the difference, but I know they are there.

I am sitting here looking at the house and thinking that anybody in the top floor is going to have to have a flashlight.  No windows? 

I am not even close to finishing the front.  It needs more texture and depth to the finish.  Maybe some brick work somewhere?
I have pretty much decided not to fuss over the sides.  If I sit this on the shelf between the big books, the sides will never be seen... If I decide to move it later, I can think about changing them then.

I want to get the outside done and go to the inside, where the interesting stuff will happen. 

I am going to go see what kind of stone or brick I can work into the front now. I think it needs a lot of aging. It's blah right now.

Back to work.

See you tomorrow.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: Fabulous home. Keep in touch

Lené said...

You've completely changed the look of the house, it looks very cute right now. I'm not familiar with Tudor style at all. Did you follow any particular house's pattern or is it just a general Tudor style?

Caseymini said...

Lené, it's just general. Most of the real Tudor houses are not symmetrical and don't have doors and windows on the gable end. I cheated and did my own version.

Claudia said...

Love the Tudor look - always have. When I was a girl, I loved the Tudor-look houses in one of the neighborhoods in my home town.

xo
Claudia

Lené said...

Thanks Casey, that's good to know for when I start bashing the Harrison and the Glencroft kits one day.