Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!
Friday, November 7, 2014
OK... So I Built the Shell..
I found out why these kits were being given away.
It fits together pretty good and was not difficult.
It basically balances on the little slot in the back wall and has to be taped into place in the front.
And the sides of the top of the room have about an inch of slant. The back doesn't... Interesting..
I haven't glued in the interior walls yet. I am going to wait and see what the house says about it...
I am leaning towards a modern, open floor plan for the bottom and using the walls on the second and third floor.
Now the real problem... There are two strips that I believe were meant to be glued to the roof. Otherwise the front wouldn't swing open.
The problem? That makes the front too tall by about a quarter of an inch! It lifts the front of the house up about that much and the back still sits on the table...Oops?
There is a recess at the bottom of the front, where a long strip should be for "porch or yard" maybe.
The whole thing is very strange, but not bad for not having any directions...
I am going to use magnets to simply set the front in place(if I choose to use it).
I am leaning towards making it a wall house and faking windows at the back. That way, I can have windows where I want them. I'm not crazy about the symmetrical front, as it is now.
I am going to put the house away now and go back to something else...
I did manage to finish the black on the craft rug and more of the center, boring part of the rug to replace Tessie's zebra skin one that Daisy "borrowed".
We are having a layer of rocks put on our front yard this morning... That's the equivalent of grass anywhere else in the country. I have to go watch and see what happens now.
See you tomorrow.