Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Permission to Play...

I told myself..."Self, you can play for one more day...Or for the weekend... That's the limit!

I couldn't resist going in and pulling out the box labeled 1/2" Furniture... It hadn't been opened since it did the photo cube, earlier in the year.

Sometimes I am tempted to go through and throw away a lot of odds and ends.  Then at a time like this, I am very happy that I didn't.
This is what the ground floor looked like when I put a few pieces inside... Very flat and not at all interesting. No depth to it at all...
Then I decided that the little people needed a way to get to the second floor.

I built a three sided foam core box and put it in the back of the living room.  Instant added interest.  No longer a boring rectangular room.
Most of the furniture will have to be cleaned up and re done, but this gives me some idea of what I will have to do.
 The table and chairs are some that I made back in the mid 80s.  I had a small half inch house that sat on a turntable and was open on opposite sides. 

Foolish me.  I discarded it when we moved to this house.  I wish I still had it.  I built it from two little house shaped shelves from what was then Pic' n' Save. 

I might have to do another one like that... but it would have to be from scratch... Maybe later.
 This bed, dressing table and the green living room furniture were in a Christmas house that I sold...Badly in need of repair. Also from the mid 80s.

The headboard on the bed was a Christmas ornament, shaped like a photo frame.  I cut it apart and used the sides of the frame like "wings" on the side of the bed.  Hey!  Whatever works!

Here you can see what I am talking about the third floor being above the roof line.  It just looks strange to me.

The bed and table in the background of this photo are kits that I got at one of the NAME nationals, up in Phoenix... I don't remember the name of the kit maker.

The cradle is a Lazar cut kit from another convention.

The baby inside is a 1/2" baby with moving arms and legs.  I think it needs to be restrung... Another thing on the to do list. 

I guess that I should get back to work playing while I can... I wonder if I can finish a house in two days?

See you tomorrow.

5 comments:

Phyllisa said...

Hi Casey. It's great that you have some furniture for your 1/2" house.
You are so clever to make a "stair
box" instead of stairs. I shall have to keep that trick in mind.
Looking forward to seeing what other tricks you have up your sleeve.
Question:
If you plan on leaving the bottom floor with no support wall, will you support the ceiling another way?
Phyllisa

12Create said...

Have fun playing. I love your table with the twisted legs.

Caseymini said...

Phyllisa, there is no need for support, but I might do something decorative in that way.

12Create, that table was one of the first ones that I carved with twisted legs. It's kind of crude, but it still like it.

Caseymini said...

Phyllisa, there is no need for support, but I might do something decorative in that way.

12Create, that table was one of the first ones that I carved with twisted legs. It's kind of crude, but it still like it.

Unknown said...

What a brilliant way of adding interest to a room! I never would have thought of that. Thanks for always inspiring.