Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Thursday, July 26, 2018

Let the Dressing Table Begin...

I had the ceiling tile pieces cut for the dressing table.  Today I cut a walnut piece about a 1/16 of an inch larger around the three front sides for the top.

Then I cut two pieces of material for the side curtains and a long piece to pleat for around the bottom.

I still have to do some measuring and cutting for the two side curtains and the bottom skirt. I will let you know the measurements  for those pieces tomorrow when I start doing the pleating.
The only other tools that I need for this project is a pin board and a LOT of  PINS!

As I said, I will tell you how many I use tomorrow.  I am not yet sure if this pin board is going  to be large enough or if I am going to have to hunt up my larger one.

I have a doctor's appointment in the morning, but I will get going on the pleating as soon as I get home.
The only other thing I need to finish the project is to either have Tessie hand me the pins or get out of the pin  box, so that I can reach in and stab myself getting my own pins.  I am not sure which choice is worse...


I got her out of there.  She immediately went into the dressing room and started going through the aprons.  So far, she has found ten that need fixing. 

She is very hard on aprons.

Looking at the photo reminds me that she also wants a pink ladder to reach the high shelves...

Maybe I can save some time by painting the ladder in the photo pink. I could do that right now.

Back to work. See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Jodi Hippler said...

Now that you have a plan, I can't wait to see it! Tell Tessie if she wants to be really helpful, she could always be your pin cushion! ;O)

Caseymini said...

Jodi! I am NOT going to go up against Tessie and tell her to be a pincushion. She is bad enough when she hands me pins. I end up with about a third of them stabbed in the end of my index fingers. I finally told her to go watch TV until I was finished!