Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, March 2, 2018

I May Have Solved the Mystery...

I tried.  This morning I went over to SAS and bought another pile of leather.  This came to about $6.00.

My theory being, if I replace something that is missing, I will surely find the first batch of things that I bought...

Great theory. It didn't work. The original leather is still missing.  Yes. I did look.  It is just in a good hiding place.  The only other place it could be is in the garbage... I hope not!!!!! So much for mystery #1.

By the  way, instead of finding a substitute, I am thinking of going back to the old thigh rolling method of curving poster board.  I will tell you about it tomorrow.

I did get some work done on the  potting shed and I think that I know why someone gave it to Goodwill....

I glued in all of the railings and posts... Then I started to add the pergola....
It must have been disheartening to get the thing dry fitted to this point and find that the side top rail was an inch too short!!!

I wonder how many of these kits were abandoned because of that one piece.  I didn't have any wood that size and I imagine that a lot of people wouldn't have it in their wood pile.  My wood pile is better than most... I had to use three pieces of wood pieced together to match the diameter of the piece of wood that they used. 

Anyway, I now have a piece that is long enough.  All I have to do is paint it and I will be back in business...

Back to work.  See you tomorrow!

No comments: