Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!
Thursday, September 15, 2016
Words to Live By...
That's what we are doing today. Tessie, Zar and I are re working Dollar Tree skeletons to be poseable.
So far, I only have two knees done, but I thought you might like to know how to do it before Halloween comes along.
I have messed with them before to get them to bend, but was not quite satisfied.
I had one of those hair brained, three o'clock in the morning ideas this morning. And I am pleased to report that it is working just fine.
It was easy to do . You could do the drilling with a Dremel, but I don't want to get that close to my fingers when I am holding the pieces to drill...
So I opted for my pin vice. The bit that I am using is the same on that I use for wicker. And so is the wire. I am not sure what size that is. I think that the wire is #28.
I am still going to have to do the arms if I want them to move about more.
I drilled in about 1/8" on each hole. Then I glued the end of the wire into the upper leg hole.
I measured how far I would have to cut the other end off. I cut it and tried it. I did cut them a little longer than I thought they should be. I would rather have to trim them, than try to glue a minute piece of wire back on!
I am going back now and fix more joints.
Then, if you need me later, I will be somewhere teaching skeletons to dance!
See you tomorrow.