Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Time Travel Can Be Fun...

Last night I began doing something that some of my readers have done... I haven't read through the blog for a long, long time.

I decided to go through it and see what I have and haven't done over the past eight years.

I am having fun reading and remembering.  It is going to take a while.  I started in Feb. of 08 and I am just about through May of 08...

I just got to the part where I was working on the Buttercup Book Shop. 

Tessie arrived.  Her first comment was... "Now that's what I am talking about! "You can make tables like that and I will distress them and make them look old."

I knew I should have locked the door before I started.  I was looking for ideas as I went, for interiors and antiques... Not for antiques that I could fake.

I forgot about the window seats in the bookshop.  That's one good idea for the antique shop.  There are several places where those would work.

I spent the morning working out in the yard.  Then I came back in and continued with the reading.

I don't know if I will make it all the way through eight years of every day writing, but it was fun looking at the early entries. 

I am picking up a lot of stuff that I forgot about.  I am going to have to see what I can do about things that I missed over the years. 

So far, I have found a few tutorials that I mentioned and never did.  I am not getting a lot done, but I am having a lot of fun seeing what I did eight long years ago. 

These photos are from the book shop.  Dark wood trim. Check.  Window seats. Check. 

It seems like, whenever Tessie starts a new business, she likes to serve tea and cookies to the customers... I guess that I am going to have to find a place to put a refreshment table in the antique shop...

Here we go again... Refreshments are served.  If you ever want to start at the beginning, this is where you go. http://caseymini.blogspot.com/2008/02/here-i-go-again.html  Hit "Newer post" at the bottom of each page to go forward.

Back to work.  See you tomorrow.

6 comments:

Phyllisa said...

Hi Casey. I've been waiting for today's entry.This is my third "trip" to your blog.
The REASON your blog is fun to read, is that it is FUN to read. There is a reason
you got those awards back in the day when they were passed out. I think your blog
is interesting because you are an interesting writer, you seem to be having fun
writing, you make fun items, you give us readers fun things to make and we can't
forget, there's Tessie, the Little Rascal! And the others too.
Phyllisa

Caseymini said...

Phyllisa, thanks for all of the compliments! I really am enjoying reading what I have been doing for the last eight years. I started the blog to keep track of what I was doing. I never seemed to get around to going back and reading it til now. I haven't even gotten to Tessie yet!

elizabeth s said...

I think that part of the interest in retrospective blog reviews is not only in seeing how far you have come but also being reminded of some the great ideas you've had and how many of them can be re-worked for future projects to become something new all over again!

Unknown said...

Reading your blog every day is utterly inspiring for me and it makes me bolder with my own quarter scale dollhouses'

Caseymini said...

Elizabeth, It also makes me remember projects that I started and never finished... Bad Casey!

Caseymini said...

Helen, Now if I could only inspire myself to finish some of the quarter inch stuff that I have started and not finished!