Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, February 21, 2015

OK... There Will Be a Library...

 I am sure that there will be critics that say that there shouldn't be windows in the observatory...

I answer to that with HEAVY curtains...

One of these two windows will be French doors.  I haven't decided which one yet.
I cut out trial walls and centered the windows.  I left enough room outside for landscaping.  At least a little bit...

There is a good view of the other side of the telescope from either window/door.
The library won't be terribly large.  Enough for a couple of astronomers that never read anyway. 

I imagine that Tessie will spend more time in there, sipping tea and reading than either Zar or Daisy. 

He is always busy building machines like the telescope.  Daisy is always in some other time and place...

Speaking of Daisy... I haven't heard from her since she left for Tombstone last week...  I'm sure that she will show up as soon as I finish the house and observatory.
Anyway, this is the other side... No windows.  There has to be some space for book shelves.

That's as far as I have gotten today.  Now I have to start with the real work on the inside and out. 

I guess I should start by fixing the foundation... Cracks in the floor are never good.

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

elvira said...

Beautiful work ..!!!
Complimets ..!!!
I am a new follower ..!!!
Mini Hugs,
elvira

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
Yay! A library! I think it will be a very cozy size and I envy Tessie for being able to spend time there.
Big hug,
Giac