Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Thursday, December 11, 2014

The Plot Thickens...

My thanks to Walter... All of that pounding on the DVD player worked!  If all else fails hit it!

He got it going and left.  While he was gone, I took a chance and changed DVDs.  Back to Buffy. 

The machine is working like a champ.

However... Spike and Buffy no longer have custody... 
This morning, when I got up, I heard noise coming from the cat tree...

I went to investigate and this is what I found...

Tessie, Zar and dog sized Spike dragged the player in and set up their own theater...

I forgot.  Maybe that is why I hid it a while back. 

When they get a hold of the player, they start their very own film festival.  Then it erupts into a full blown party....

The crowd gathers...

Spike and Buffy gave up trying to take back custody of the DVD player.

They are no match for a witch, a Steampunk scientist and a Pit Bull.
The crowd continues to grow.  By nightfall, I imagine every small person in the house will be gathered around watching Buffy... The series, not the girl.

Tessie just had the nerve to call me over to take drink orders and told me, "We'll have that with a plate of cookies and a bowl of fruit. Thank you.  You may go..."

I hope that they aren't holding their breath whilst waiting for me to deliver...

I went on my merry way to see if I could dig up a permanent home for the player.

This is a possibility, but the bed would have to go.  And all new walls...

Maybe I should just plan on a whole new room box...

I think that I need to go and find myself something to drink and a couple of cookies.  This has been an interesting morning...

Yup.  I think that is why I hid the DVD player and forgot about it for a couple of years...  But it is possible that, if I did a theatre room box, I could keep the whole tribe out of my hair when I want to work alone.  I have to go get my planning pad and a few sharp pencils...

See you tomorrow.

5 comments:

Neen said...

It really does work well as a home theater.

Daydreamer said...

What an awesome little player, Casey! The mini potential is so alluring.... I would want to build an entire mini theater.... but maybe the screen is better suited for a mini Home theater. You better make it big enough to fit your own... um... head and shoulders in... I wouldn't want to miss the show if I were you!

Caseymini said...

Daydreamer, if I do build it, I will use the same method that I did with the burglar's room box. I made it so that the hand held portable was easily slipped in and out of the back. That way, when it's not being used in the room box, it can be utilized elsewhere. Sneaky...

Lisains said...

I have to read your blog daily - usually in the evening when I need a smile. I love the adventures of your "house" guests/ family. And again thank you for all of your creativity and tutorials; you keep me inspired when I have lack of motivation or brain fade and can't figure out what to make. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Lisa

Chris P's Minis and More said...

what a great idea!!!