Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Monday, December 29, 2014

No More Fooling Around...

Well.  Maybe just a little.

These were one of my stocking stuffers from the kids... Tiny flashlights that fit on the end of your finger.  They are held on with a little rubber strap and you can work the light with the finger that you are wearing it on. 

I think that they might come in handy for minis.  I'll have to think about that one for a while.
Meanwhile, we are already trying to think of things to make with the new container. 

If I do some other kind of finish on the outside, I am not sure if I want the Buddha there or not.  From the inside he is quite commanding and takes over the whole room, so there is a debate going on...

Zar says that it looks manly and Tessie says he's overpowering.  I am tending to agree with Tessie. All you see is the Buddha.

I imagine that I could try using him as a window, but still he distracts from anything that I could put in there.

I love the container though, so we are trying out ideas right now. 

So far, I have done a top on it that looks like a castle.  I am leaning away from that one.  It seems like that's all I have done lately.

Then there's the onion dome.... And a tent top, maybe with curtains...

I got really desperate and put a square Chinese roof on the last one that I did, with dragons on the corners... As I said... Desperate. 

I need to think on this a bit.  So do the Terrible Two plus One.  They are being no help at all... Tessie is in charge of holding the pencil when not in use and Zar is using one of the finger flashlights to illuminate the sketch pad.  Spike thinks they are both crazy... And I tend to agree.

Back to work.

See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

Lucille said...

That last pic is so cute! They are being so cooperative, at least! Just sleep on it, Casey, and something will pop up and perhaps wake you up around three a.m. Then you can get up and start your day early! lol!

Marilyn D. said...

Personally I love the onion top but whichever you decide on will end up looking amazing as usual! - Marilyn D., Canada

Karin Corbin said...

You sketching skills are impressive!

Unknown said...

Personally, I think that if you left the Buddha and went with the Chinese roof you desperately drew then you could have a cute little Buddhist temple. But that's just my two cents...