Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Monday, November 3, 2014

Sock Season Is Here...

 Those of you that have been around long enough, know that it is about that time... Sock Season.

The temperature got down the forty nine degrees last night... Most places they don't consider that cold.  Here in AZ it is time to break out the boots and jackets.

For me, it is time to start the yearly sock knitting binge.  I do go out and buy a few balls of yarn, just because I can.  That's the stuff in the first photo...
Then there's the yarn that my friend Jane sent a few times.  She had an exceedingly large collection of Flat Feet. She generously sent me a couple of boxes. It comes in sheets and you unravel it as you knit... That's the stuff in the second photo, left hand side and the third photo in the basket that is kept under the bench at the foot of the bed... That's so I can get to it fast, when I need something to do. 

And it is also handy for Widget to take a nap or a bath in the middle of the pile...

He is oblivious to the overabundance of needles, sticking out every which way. In fact, they are handy to scratch an itchy ear sometimes.

I found a huge stash of #2 knitting needles at a thrift shop years ago.  That was my downfall... I can't resist starting new socks, just to see what kind of pattern will turn up from the hand dyed yarn.

Anyway, it is sock time.  I promise to do it only after the sun goes down.  It's something I can do whilst watching TV and reading English subtitles for the Korean Dramas.

I am still working on the rug.  Slowly, but surely, I am conquering it...
With a little bit of help from my friend...

Widget has found that this is a good way to get his chin scritched.(That is a perfectly good word that Charlie Brown uses when he scritches Snoopy.  It should be in the dictionary!)

It does take a little bit longer with him around, but it's worth it... Just look at that face!

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

12Create said...

I agree Scritched is a perfectly good word and Widget is one clever cat - he knows how to get your attention to scritch him.

Phyllisa said...

Hi Casey.I have the sock books, I have the sock yarn, I have the needles. Someday I shall try knitting socks.
Phyllisa

Mereknits said...

Good luck with your sock knitting, I have used Flat feet, it is very fun.
Hugs,
Meredith