Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

It IS Necessary!!!

Here was the view from my chair in the workroom this morning.....I climbed over that pile in the doorway just to get started. Mind you, I carried the step stool over that mess, almost breaking my neck in the process.....

I have on my resolved face and am going at it. I recruited Zar and Tessie to help. I know that's a questionable move, but it's better than having them in other parts of the house making more messes for me to clean up.

I never make messes. It's always somebody else that does it....Honest.

I now have the first wall(closet) finished. It doesn't look like I did much, but I moved a lot of things out that didn't belong and moved still more in to fill the holes.

You will notice that Mookie wandered in and started helping too. He can't keep his nose out of anything that has a possibility as a hiding place or a bed. So many cubbyholes. So little time.

Zar is fetching and carrying for me and Tessie is making labels for all of the drawers. Some of the labels are kind of peculiar, but I will at least have some idea of what is where.

I am afraid that this is not going to be a very entertaining day for you. As I said before though, this IS necessary if I want to keep doing minis and blogging.

I did make one wee little mistake.....I didn't cover the Clockwork Cottage, sitting high on the top of the bookcase....Zar spotted it.

He proceeded to reprimand me for not working on it. He borrowed a piece of puce cotton yarn from Tessie, a scrap of wire from the drawer labeled "Wire pieces, too short to be used"(One of Tessie's labels) and made himself a grappling hook to put on the end of the rope. He then proceeded to climb, hand over fist, up to the cottage.

By the time he made it to the top, Tessie had already zapped herself up and was waiting for him.

She is now trying to persuade him not to go inside. She said, "It's just too depressing for you to see....You would be better off helping me get the townhouse into shape." Then, with all her might, she did a spell to make him forget the cottage. At the same time, she loosened the hook.

He floated to the floor of the workroom as if he had a parachute. When he landed, he got to his feet, looked around and said, "Why am I here? Why am I not working on Tessie's Townhouse? That is what is important! I have to go now."

I think that Tessie has been practicing her spells. It seems to have wiped out all memories of his climb to the top......

It probably won't last long, but for once, I am grateful for Tessie's ability to distract. Now I must get back to cleaning.

See you tomorrow with a spotless workroom.....Hey! I can dream, can't I?(I suspect that Tessie made me say that.)

11 comments:

Jo Raines said...

When you get through organizing and rearranging your's, come do mine. I can't blame my mess on Tessie or Zar or anyone in my household, I'm afraid and I am resolved to get my disaster under control this summer!

Jody

Caseymini said...

Jody, put on your resolved face and work along with me. Misery loves company!LOL

Kim said...

I love when you post the messes,because it makes me feel so much better when my workroom looks this way- at least I am not the only one! thank goodness I don't get too much company....or maybe I should invite more people over so I had to keep it clean! good luck with the cleaning and organizing Casey!

Claudia said...

Zar is amazing! He was determined to check on that dollhouse. You've done a great deal of organizing! Good for you - it must feel satisfying.

xo
Claudia

Kathi said...

Good luck with your resolve to keep cleaning! I looked around last night after a week of mini making. There was NO place to set down my Pepsi!!
Not a bare spot anywhere, except the floor. Guess I could start tossing things on the floor? I hadn't thought of that! LOL

rosanna said...

Hi hi, looks like my closet..thankfully Walter , from time to time, puts his hands on it. Or rather in it. Have a nice day, Rosanna
PS the stilettos are wonderful

Caseymini said...

Kim, don't start inviting people over. You will just make more work for yourself!LOL

Claudia, I have only just begun to fight the mess.....

Kathi, there is only one solution to your problem. Drink the pepsi and throw the container in the waste basket. Problem solved....

Rosanna, I forgot that you have a Walter too.....My Walter never goes in the workroom. It scares him!LOL

My Realitty said...

It looks very organized to me! How great to have such clever helpers. CM

Iris said...

Looks good, well organized. Wish I could also.

Caseymini said...

Boy! Have I got you guys snowed!?!LOL

It's a good thing that you didn't see the other three walls or the floor.....I am almost through with the second wall now.....

Minnie Kitchen said...

haha that looks like my closet! but looks like you did a great job reorganizing!