Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Public Enemies.......

We went to see the new Johnny Depp movie today. I can't say that it was the best movie I have ever seen. When I got home I made the mistake of mentioning it to Zar.

He got it into his head that if he took his time machine back to the 30s he might need to defend himself from all of the violence. So he set to work adapting a rifle that he found, for his protection.

If you poke the photo you can see the additions more clearly. I am not sure that I understand what he's doing, but he claims that the rifle will shoot around corners when he is finished. Something sonic, I think he said...

He wanted to test it, but I told him no way. I don't want to be sitting in the living room and have a bullet hit me from around the corner in the kitchen! He is going to have to wait until the time machine is finished and go somewhere else to shoot it.

He has taken to working on my table until his workroom is finished. I guess I had better get to work if I want any peace and quiet. Here's a photo of the adaptation. He is really liking all of the new cogwheels and other parts. I have separated them into a box in neat piles so that he can see at a glance what he needs.

Tessie found the box and her favorite piece. She scolded me for not hiding it and poofed it away.

When she reappeared she started sorting through the pieces. I asked what she was doing and she replied"If Balthazar can make a gun, so can I! I have every right to defend myself and besides I want to play with the springs and cogs."

The two of them worked quietly for a while at the table. When Tessie finished what she was doing, Zar exploded. Well not literally. He was extremely upset because Tessie had taken the liberty of using one of his dueling pistols for her adaptation. Her only comment was, "What was I supposed to use? A slingshot?"
She has turned his pistol into a water gun. See the little reservoir on top? The wheels release a little water each time she needs it.

She told him that she might need protection too, if she goes with him. She said, with an evil grin"It can also be filled with pepper juice."

He replied loudly, "You are NOT invited! The time machine is only going to have room for one! No witches OR women allowed!"

With that, I had to confiscate all weapons, parts of weapons and hide the peppers...... Things are back to normal.

See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

rosanna said...

Love the idea of pepper juice. Tessie is SOOOO clever

Sans! said...

Wow, guns! How wonderfully violent your household is.Must go watch Public Enemies just to see what caused the ruckus.

nikkinikkinikki72 said...

This post made me laugh so much.
Brilliant!

Kim said...

I think Zar and Tessie are getting dangerous together! You may need to start thinking about seperating them when you are not in the room! I can't wait to see where Zar time travels to first. Thank you for the award- just getting back into the swing of things so will post on my blog soon:)