Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Painting and Repainting.......

Tessie heard rumors that Zar was preparing to try out some colors on his bathroom wall this morning. By the time I got around to checking in, she had already started helping.... She is really good at making "suggestions". Meaning Zar should paint the room one of the trial color patches that she painted in big splotches on the wall. she managed to get some of the color on her right hand and the sleeve of her shirt. Guess who had to help her clean it all off?

It was a real chore because she doesn't care for getting wet. She's afraid that she might melt. I have told her over and over that it's a myth about the Wicked Witch of the West in "The Wizard of Oz" melting. No amount of explanation can convince her that that is fiction. She stomps her foot and says "I don't believe in fiction! Everything is true!"

Anyway, I shooed her out just in time. Zar came in and went into conniption fits over what she had brushed on the wall. He proceeded to paint over what she had done with Williamsburg Blue. He also put on the first coat of white on the ceiling.


About that time, Tessie reappeared. With hands on hips, she demanded to know why he hadn't painted the walls a nice shade of puce......That resulted in Zar going for her throat. I had to break it up.


I am not sure how Zar is going to put the second coat on, unless I loan him a brush. Tessie loaded her bottle of dark puce, as she calls it on her skateboard, picked up the brush and wisely started backing away towards the door. As she did, she pounded Zar's toe with the handle of the brush. There is a chance that this was not an accident, because she pulled back on the brush, grabbed the neck of the bottle and vanished in a puff of smoke.

I haven't seen her since. I think that she is laying low. She knows that Zar had taken control of a water bottle with a spray nozzle. He is stalking her. Or he would be if he knew where she was. I wonder if he will think to look in the top of the cat tree....... I certainly hope that there is nothing to the melting part of that story!


See you tomorrow.


3 comments:

Katie said...

LOL...Tessie's getting pretty bold, huh!! LOL

MiniKat said...

*SNERK*!!

I'm so glad I wasn't drinking something when I read this one. I'd be in the market for a new laptop AND have a really pissy husband! ;-)

Tessie should learn a spell to turn the water from the spray bottle into cappuccino. Then all she has to do is keep a cup in her pocket. ;-)

Katie said...

...I came across this today, and thought you might like to have a peek~ Really neat picture:)
http://digitalart.org/art/62329/fantasy/steampunk-alice-in-wonderland/