Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, November 14, 2008

Pay No Attention to My Inner Six Year Old......

Tonight my husband gets home. It is down to the wire on cleaning the house and getting a little more done in the work room. Unfortunately, my inner six year old keeps popping in to help.

I vacuumed the house. Then I went and sorted some more stuff in the workroom. I found this while sorting........
It's the very first ever issue of Miniature Collector magazine! I had forgotten that I had it. It was from 1977. Maybe some of you remember when Miniature Collector was a small format magazine like Nutshell News. It was expensive for the time. The price on the cover is $2.50. There are still subscription forms inside. You could get it, if you subscribed, for the princely sum of 9.95 a year. Mind you, this was for only 6 issues.


Of course I had to sit down and read it from cover to cover. There is an article about making a sofa in the back that I might have to try. It still looks in style.


BTW, that's not my nicely manicured hand on the front cover. It is literally on the front cover. I think that it was there for scale purposes. All I have to say is that for the most part we have come a long way from that first issue to the realism that is shown in most miniature magazines now.


Back to the subject at hand. Next I went and cleaned up the kitchen. I hate dishes. You just have to wash them over and over again. I ate lunch off of a paper plate. I know that's not ecologically sound, but it was better than eating salad from the palm of my hand.

Time for another trip into the workroom. This time I worked all of 10 minutes. Then the six year old found this.


I got excited as only a six year old can about a blank scrap of #24 canvas and a pile of DMC floss from a garage sale. Hey! I had to try it out to see if it was still good thread, didn't I? After an hour I saw that it was still good.


Back to work. Dusting is another job that is never ending, especially when you live in desert country. I will just have to do it again when someone writes their name in the dust on the coffee table.

I went and started cleaning up the family room. That is always a good place to find something to distract. OH!!! The sack from Joanne's! Yes! It still is filled with the sock yarn I purchased yesterday with my coupons. I had to try out the yarn to see if it worked. Here you see the results. Yup! It works just fine for knitting socks. Please don't pay any attention to the different colored needles. I couldn't find a set. These are all the same size, but I am down to odds and ends needle wise. I am not going to tell you how many sets of #2 double pointed needles I have. Let's just say that someday I am going to be the proud owner of about 8 more pair of hand knitted socks. Please notice that I took the photo of the sock yarn inside the basket shop. Now it should count as miniature work. No? Rats! This six year old is not very good at pulling the wool over you eyes. No pun intended. At least I started a mini rug today and found a pattern for a couch to make in the future.

I'm going back to making my workroom into an atelier..... Maybe I should just shoot for "studio" for this week.

See you tomorrow.

No comments: