Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Getting Plastered....





I'll bet that you thought I had taken to drink from all of the cleaning. Nope. I am very proud of myself for going back to work on the basket shop this morning. As you can see, I started right where I left off on the plaster work. I am moving right along on it. Here you can see that I am up to the front wall. I have the section around the door textured with the stencil brush and I have glue on the wall next to it, ready for the next rolled out piece of DAS.
The next photo shows the clay on the wall. It's not yet blended in to the other piece, textured or trimmed at the bottom. I just thought that you would like to see all of the steps it takes to get the plastering done.
I am using the rounded end of a small stencil brush(handle) to blend in the corners. The edges work fine with my fingers, but I can't get to the corners. If I try I get lots of marks from my fingernails and that's not pretty.

Last you get to see proof that I actually finished that wall. I am on the home stretch. One more end to do.
I am going to short change you today so that I can carry on with the last wall. If I finish it today, tomorrow I can paint. Then come the door and window. I don't like that part. When I used the DAS I made the door and window opening a bit smaller. That means an all new window and door frame to make. Bah Humbug! Why can't I leave well enough alone?
Meanwhile, here's a website to look at that is much more interesting than watching plaster dry.
If you would like to build your own mini furniture, this site has all kinds of patterns for real furniture that can easily be scaled down. There is a scaled ruler on each drawing. All you have to do is reduce it until that ruler is the right length. 1:12 and you have printed patterns. http://emporiumindonesia.com/Woodworking-Project-Plans/joinery/041-building-plans.htm Have fun looking. Then go build something. It will keep you busy until tomorrow.
See you then.




No comments: