Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, April 25, 2008

Wandering Aimlessly......

Do you ever get that feeling after you finish a project and have yet to start another one? That's what I am doing today.


I am getting a lot done, but just not what I want to do. This is the area that I am working on. This is not what it looks like! The closet in my workroom looked like this when I first stocked it. You don't want to see what it looks like now. I am determined to get it back to this state. I know. I know. I have said this before. I am realllllllly trying.


The painters are done with the outside of the house. That just makes me want to have the inside looking as good. I am emptying out all of the drawers and tossing things that I have had for more than a decade and didn't use. Let me tell you it is piling up fast!


While I am doing this I am pondering what mini to work on next. I should be back to working on the Mystery House, but I am at a standstill until I get a shipment from Miniatures.com. I think that is a very good excuse and I am using it!

Meanwhile, here's a couple of photos to get your mind off of what I am really doing.


This is an afghan that I made from silk sewing thread on a #14 crochet hook. I started with the standard granny afghan pattern and simply worked out from the center. It took me forever to do. Silk is more slippery than the mercerized cotton that I usually use.



This is inside the sewing gift bag that I showed you before. I don't think that I had it in there when I took the other photo.



BTW, the sewing machine in here was pilfered from a Chrysenbon treadle kit. Now I have to figure out what to use the rest for. Don't say table. Everybody uses the legs for tables in real life and I feel sad when I see one. I still have my grandmother's wedding present from 1903. It was a Minnesota brand treadle machine. I learned to sew on it and it still works.


Here's another one that is done in mercerized cotton sewing thread. I buy it by the bag at garage sales. It seems like everyone is into polyester nowadays. Polyester just doesn't look as good if you try to crochet with it. It is too stiff.


It takes a spool to a spool and a half do one. I use baby afghan patterns that I find on the net. They seem to turn out perfectly for miniatures.


Here you see Tabby again. This was her home before she moved into the Colonial Kitchen. I think that she likes the food better there. Here, all she got was cookies.


The Parson's Table was made from a kit that a friend brought back from NAME National one year. It was made of mat board and mosaic tile patterned paper. Very simple to do but very effective when finished. A black permanent marker finished the edges.

The rug on the floor is one that I have done in three different colorways from an old Dover book. There is another one in Spike's crypt in red and blue. The answer to your next question.....Yes, I really like this pattern. Actually I have made it four times. Once I made it for a mini friend for Christmas.

Are you distracted enough now so that I can slip away unnoticed? I need to wander some more. Maybe I will accidentally stumble over something miniature that suits my fancy.

See you tomorrow.

No comments: