Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, June 30, 2018

A New Day....

Walter was supposed to get home about 12:30 AM.  I was going to stay up until he got here... But then I found out That his plane was going to  be more than an hour late.  I gave up and went to bed. 

Both of us have been falling asleep all day, today.  I keep going out and doing garden things when I am awake.  Then I come back in and fall asleep again. 

I managed to get the Sweet Broom Tree in the ground. I think that it will be pretty when it gets it's full height. It will grow anywhere from six to ten feet tall and when summer comes, it has small yellow blossoms all over.
This whole side wall is going to be shades of yellow and orange.  The bushes that you see in the center and on the right side of the photo have orange blossoms. I planted those for the humming birds.  They love them. The smaller bushes that are on either side of the bush towards the left I just planted today.  They have bright yellow flowers.  More food for the hummers. I am going to cut the larger ones like the one on the right.  They have been there as long as we have lived here. The ones that I just planted will take the place of the older ones as the tall, feature plants for the wall. I will keep the old ones trimmed short.                                   


The fig tree is finally coming out. I was afraid that it wasn't doing well at all.  The top half of it died several years ago, from frost.

I am going to take the top above the leaves off and see if the rest of it comes back better. If not, Walmart is carrying fig trees right now for $30.00.

It had better behave or it will be replaced!

What I am trying to tell you is... I gardened today.  I did not mini!

I will get back to work as soon as I get a good night's sleep. Wish me luck.  Last night it didn't happen.

If I had worked on minis, I would have probably cut my hand off... Or at least a couple of fingers.

See you tomorrow.





3 comments:

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Love your garden and so glad you didn't work on minis when tired or upset or mad. We must keep our digits. Have a nice day.

Isabel Ruiz said...

El trabajo de jardinería es muy relajante y agradecido. ¡Buen sueño!

Caseymini said...

Wendy, I wasn't that upset. I sometimes just use that as an excuse to take a day off...LOL I think that I just need a new direction for a while. This could be it!