Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Leftovers!

Today the Wednesday Witches went downtown to Witch Judy's restaurant for Lunch. It is called Café a la C'arte.

It is in a large house that was built in the 1850s and is still beautiful.  Back when it was built, the homes in Tucson were built with extra thick walls to keep the homes a bit cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.  It did help some, but I think that in the middle of summer it would have still been quite warm.

 The walls in the restaurant are between 1 1/2 and two feet thick.  The interiors have been repainted over the years and someone did a beautiful job of painting the beams with authentic designs. 

The furniture that is used in the restaurant is reminiscent of the furniture of the period, if not the real thing. 

Anyway, the servings are huge and you get a lot of bang for your buck.

I had half a sandwich and a goodly pile of fancy fries left over and about half of my Chocolate Bomb dessert left over. 

Walter loved the fries and the Cuban sandwich that I had left and this was the first time that I have seen Tessie smile in a week...

I have been forgiven for not finishing her grapevines.  She has been piling the chocolate bomb in with both fists.  I have a feeling that the next step will be licking her own toes.  She has been sitting on the edge of the container ever since Walter finished what he wanted of it.  Both feet are dug into the cake part and she is not showing any sign of stopping.  I am just going to let her keep eating.  That way I can get a good night's sleep and go back to work tomorrow.

See you then.

No comments: