Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Sunday, July 17, 2016

More Fun Than a Barrel of Minis...

I am doing several loads of wash, cooking bean soup, cornbread and  working on this while watching squirrels chase each other around the yard.

Therefore, not much in the way of minis.

I have been working on this piece, a little at a time, for a while now.  The center stone was the middle of a pretty old Native American turquoise bracelet.  The stone was set in silver and by the time I got it, both sides had broken off.  That is, the part that went around the wrist.

I found it in a bag from an antique shop.  I refuse to throw away a perfectly good piece of turquoise.  It was either take a chance of prying it out of the silver and breaking it or leaving it in the silver and working over it.  I chose the latter.   I glued it to a piece of gray leather and started beading around it and over the silver that was sticking out around it.  So far, it's working...




This is what was more fun than a barrel of minis.

The new batch of squirrels are out in full force today... I don't get a lot done when  they are chasing each other around the yard.
 These are two of the new ones.  They don't stay around when I go out there, but they are fun to watch through the windows.
About all the minis I got done today was planting the pups from these two succulents.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will grow.  Just a little water and lots of rooting hormone on the stems. We shall see what they do.

I am going back to see what other mischief I can get into for the rest of the day.

See you tomorrow...

3 comments:

Phyllisa said...

Hi Casey. What a fun day you are having. Mine is not so much.
I remember watching squirrels run around outside at my former house. No big trees
here.
Recently someone left a flat of the succulent Hens and Chicks at the mailbox area
and I took it home. I love them. I filled three pots. I know they will need dividing
in a year or two and that's fine. If I don't have a place for them, I'll share them
with others. I saw Fred Meyer was charging $3.00 for just ONE plant! Hosta is another
plant that I divide and share. They run $3 to $6 for one stem. They are a bit more
work to dig out though, but are a pretty plant and spread quickly. It likes the shade.
Phyllisa

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
What is left of that bracelet is just lovely... such a beautiful stone. I used to love looking at the squirrels in my yard...until Ozzy decided they were out to take control of the planet and goes bananas anytime they are on the fence. We have a lot of black squirrels nowadays, so any time they pass we tell Ozzy general Blacktail is on the move... Silly dog!
Big hug
Giac

Caseymini said...

Giac, Ozzy must be related to Kota. He thinks he can catch birds by banging his nose on the window.. So far it hasn't worked....