Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, July 2, 2016

Macrame and Beadwork... No Minis This Morning.

I will go back to the antique shop this afternoon.  This morning I had to do some macrame and beadwork for April's birthday.  Seth's is tomorrow and April's is on the 11th.

All she requested when I asked what she wanted, was a macrame hanger for a plant that I gave her yesterday... To quote her, "None of those seventies fluffy nylon things.  So I showed her this twine and she agreed to settle for that.  I didn't fringe the tassel or anything cute.  Just some brown beads and plain knotting.

Incidentally, if you want to do something like this in mini, you can do it with crochet cotton or #5 pearl cotton.  I use small seed beads when I do that size.

Just put "macrame" in the search box on the right side and you will find some information on how to do it in mini.
April also liked this bracelet that I just made.  I tried to give it to her and she said to save it for her birthday... So I did.
This is a piece of flat chenille stitch that I have been trying to learn.  I am having problems with turning corners on this one.  I will keep plugging along until I get it right.

That's about all I have done, so far today.  I am going to go work on the antique shop for a while now.  Wish me luck.  I might even get some mini-ing done this afternoon.. 

See you tomorrow.

No comments: