Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!
Monday, January 5, 2015
Step By Step
I decided to do diagonal roof lines and then fill in. These are the two pieces that I ended up with.
Diagonally the box was 9 3/4", tip to tip.
I stuck with the 4" height and did a slit down the middle that intersects the two pieces.
It is now much more stable than it was with the box in the center.
With help from the Terrible Two plus One... I got it together.
I decided to do the framework with quarter inch foam core. It's not like this is being built for generations to come... It's just for fun and frankly, I am flying by the seat of my pants, trying to get it to work. So far, so good.
Here you can see my pattern drawn out for one side of the roof. I did it with graph paper. Now all I have to do is trace four on illustration board and bend to fit.
Then the real fun begins... Shingles and trim.
I am going back to work now.
See you tomorrow.