Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, October 18, 2014

New Additions...

Daisy was here overnight... I didn't see her, but she left one of her infamous notes...

"Dear Casey,  This is all I need to run the time machine.  My Ouija board and a rotary phone... Love, Daisy..." Then I noticed a PS on the end... "P. S. Don't worry.  The Terrible Two can't operate my machine without my special planchette."

Thank goodness for that!

Tessie and Zar have been helping again... While I was asleep.  They brought in materials to build a double seated bench...  I assume that they expect me to build it and pad the seat...

I am not too worried.  I don't think that the two of them can get along on a place where they have to sit so close.  The fighting for the bigger share will start as soon as they are seated.  One will end up in a heap on the floor... That's just the way things go...
Meanwhile... Zar did help out last night... I was trying to think of a way to get down from the platform, without the neighbors noticing...

He solved it with two words and a web video.  Rope ladder.  And an e how video on how to tie the knots.
Go here to learn.  It is really easy, if you ever have need for one. http://www.ehow.com/video_4807652_make-knots-rope-ladder.html

I now know how to make one in mini and in real life.  I am not sure what I would use it for, but it's a handy bit of knowledge.  They didn't teach that particular craft in Campfire Girls... Or Girl Scouts either.  I had a go at both when I was a kid.

We decided that it should go on the back side of the house.  Less noticeable there.

Anyway,  I looked a bit later and Tessie was "helping out".  I am not sure if she was holding the pin in place or about to pull it out... I am going to have to use a Really Big Nail to hold that in place!

After all, the time machine will go farther and faster, without all of that extra weight...

I have to go settle yet another argument... And tie more knots, so that Zar can safely climb all the way to the ground.  Maybe I should put an air mattress beneath where he is climbing. Tessie can be hazardous to your health if she wants something all to herself...

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Lucille said...

Nice ladder, Casey! Those terrible two sure keep you busy!

Lené said...

Gosh, I love how Daisy stays one step ahead of Tessie! And thank you for the rope tutorial link - now I can solve my lighthouse ladder problem too.