For some reason, the photos that I took while working, came out as a kind of sickly pastel color. Maybe because it is still dark and dank outside.
Anyway, I started by doing the over and under diagonally. Lining up the rows of stitches diagonally too.
If I had staggered them, I would have gotten straight lines of stitches, across the fabric. I didn't want that.
After I got it done in one direction, I went back and did the same thing in the opposite direction.
For some reason, maybe because of the number of threads, when I finished, I had a line of cross stitches, with a line of straight stitches between.
I kind of liked it, so I stopped.
I think that, there are all kinds of interesting variations, depending on number of threads between stitches and number of threads covering, that could be done with this technique. It is all a variation of darning stitch. Fun to play with.
The rug is not going here. I just wanted to see what it looked like on a floor.
Interestingly enough, when you lay it in a scene, it looks completely different. The holes of the canvas seem to disappear.
I think that this technique should be investigated further. It seems like the patterns are endless. Let me know if you try it. I would love to see someone else's take on this.
Back to work.
See you tomorrow.