Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Monday, May 12, 2008

Stretching Mom's Day

Yesterday my husband surprised me with a neat Mom's day gift from him and the cats. They let him sign the card. They made it on the computer but needed his help printing it and getting it in the envelope.
They got me this. It is an electronic key chain that holds 62 photos. It can be controlled by hand or you can set it on auto and it will change the photo every few seconds.
The purses that you see in the picture are knitted with beads on the thread. That's another one that I am going to have to show you how to do one of these days.
I thought it was a rather cool gift. I can carry 62 pics of minis around with me and bore everybody to tears showing it off.
Today was Mother's Day all over again. I got up and went to meet my daughter. She had to work yesterday. A librarian doesn't always get weekends off. We met at Barnes and Noble's Starbucks and had coffee and then off we went shopping. No luck. She said I could pick out my Mom's Day present. I finagled my way to the one and only mini shop here..........We got there and they were closed Mondays. We went and pressed our noses against the window and looked sad. Sometimes it works to look woebegone. The lady that owns the shop happened to be inside and came and took pity on us. She let us in and I got my present(s).
In case you hadn't noticed, I have a thing for gray cats. This one is teasing the dog on the front yard of the Mystery House right now. Nothing permanent. I am sure he will get bored soon.
He looks a lot like my real Widget. That's the cat that is invisible. As soon as a non family member come in the house he hides under our bed. It takes an hour or so to get him out after they leave.
I got two cats today. The first one I picked out of the crowd. My daughter spotted the other one and kept trying to talk me into it. I kept telling her it had fleas. She said no, it was just an itchy ear. Anyway, he jumped into the bag and came home fleas and all.
He is temporarily scratching on the front porch. I do like the way he is squinting with the one eye. Whoever made him knows cats. That's what ours always do when they do the ear scratching thing.
I forgot to mention that she also bought me a bunch of wood molding pieces. Now I ask you, is that an understanding daughter or what?
In case you can't tell, I am a very happy mom.
Tomorrow it will be back to the non holiday world. See you then.

2 comments:

Katie said...

What a great gift! And I love the kitties~ too cute!

Rita Tjelta said...

Oh please,come on over and bore me with some of your photos. I would love to see them LOL
Cute cat !!