Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Monday, April 14, 2008

Measure Twice. Cut Once.......




That's what my dad taught me when I first started working with tools. I am usually pretty good about it.


This is Buster. He is the home owner's dog. He is very well behaved. He follows commands. Usually he is pretty good about it.


Nice Buster. Sit! Stay!


Unfortunately you can't expect him to stay in one spot indefinitely. I see that he has his eye on the food on the table. No Buster!


Oh well maybe there was a draft coming up through the hole in the floor. After all, he didn't attempt to get at the food. He just backed up and sat down again.


Yup. That's the point of the title. I whacked a piece of congress cloth and eyeballed it for length. I thought to myself "that's long enough". Wrong. The piece of fabric was long enough but I just started to needlepoint without thinking and when it looked long enough I turned the corner of the border. I never took it back to the house to see if it was right. Oops!


Either Buster has to sit there forever or I have to make a longer rug. I don't want to be arrested for animal cruelty so I have started another rug. It will be the same design but an inch and a half longer this time.


I am getting there tho.
Here's the right side of the living room. It looks pretty well lived in now. I still have a few accessories to add.
At least the rug is the right size here! I definitely don't want to do that one again!
Anyway, today's entry is going to be short. I have to go work on a LOOOONNNNNGGGGG rug.
See you tomorrow.

No comments: