Thursday, July 7, 2016

Cookbooks, Floors and Flowers...

Here again, is a photo of my favorite cookbook... I have never cooked anything from it... It has some good looking recipes in it.  I just never got around to cooking them. 

It is my favorite because it's the heaviest book in the house...
It's great for flattening floors... I got the main coat of paint on the stone floor for the conservatory this morning.  The book was put to good use... The foam core is flat as a pancake!
Now about the blooms...  The flower is not quite as spectacular as it looks in the photo... It is less than an inch across. I think that it is from somewhere in vicinity of the Himalayan Mountains, but I got it in good old Tucson.

I am just proud that it likes my kitchen window enough to reward me with the bloom!
Last but not least, this is actually on a Stonecrop plant.  I am not sure if it is a flower or just the shoot of a new plant, but if I get a few of them, they are going into some drying medium.  I am wondering if they would stay together.  Perfect roses for minis if they do.

The "flower" part is less than an inch across.  Perfect full blown rose in mini...

I bought several of these plants.  They were on sale and I am hoping that they will produce mini roses by the dozens!  If not, I like the plant as a groundcover anyway.

I am going back now and do some shading on the floor. 

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Las dos flores son preciosas.
    Besitos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Casey,
    Thank goodness for big heavy books. The floor is looking lovely. Those plants are just gorgeous. What beautiful colours.
    Have a great weekend.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your floor looks Good, Casey! I also LOVE stonecrop because it is no muss, no fuss kinda plant.

    ReplyDelete