Tessie and I argued about which to make first. An afghan or a rug? I wanted to do the rug. I knew that it would take a lot less time than an afghan...
I won. I simply took the thread and canvas to Wednesday Witches with me. She couldn't do anything about it.
Here's what I have so far.
My friend Joan discovered that there were two skeins of each kind of the tie dyed thread. Which can't be all bad if you want to make a rug and an afghan to match...
I broke down and ordered original Super Sculpey in original beige on Amazon, Monday. It got here yesterday and it is the right stuff. I am back in business.
The old stuff I had was breaking down. I shattered a couple of the hands that I made the other night. It absolutely is not supposed to do that. Being so old, I am not surprised.
Anyway, I told Tessie that, if she didn't behave, I was going to make a mini me. She told me to go ahead. I would only be five inches high and she could take me on, since she is 5 1/2" high... She forgot and I reminded her, that I am the one making it and if I decided to go ahead with it, I could make me 6" high and very strong! Strangely enough, she quieted down and wandered off somewhere. To someplace where I wasn't... I win!
Last but not least, I think that we have a mommy squirrel. Sorry about the terrible photo, but I haven't washed the outside of the window since the last rain... Very spotty.
She has been squirreling away nuts by the cheeks full and this morning I saw her going over the back fence with a big hunk of lettuce, hanging from her mouth... Feeding babies or just very hungry? We shall see in a week or so.
I am going back to work on the rug some more... Yes. I know. I should finish all of the old rugs before starting something new... Oh well. What is done. Is done. Or at least it's started.
Back to stitching. See you tomorrow.
Hi Casey, It is a Real Problem when something that used to be FINE and readily available is replaced with a New and Improved version, which doesn't perform up to the same caliber as the first. Why do companies do that? :(( Glad that you were still able to get your hands on some more of the Original, and I'm sure that Tessie and Zar are very appreciative too! :D
ReplyDeleteoh, and- Happy stitching!