I have been trying to avoid seeing these shoes every time I enter the closet for about nine months. I bought them at the closeout sale on shoes at Walmart at the end of summer last year... Hmmm. Maybe it has been more like a year. There are sales going on right now.
I bought them for less than half price. I thought that I liked them. I never wore them. They were boring...
This morning I dragged them out and got out some beads, needle and thread and went to work...
This is what I ended up with. The turquoise chunks are really turquoise...The rest are just plain old size six and eleven seed beads.
The elephants were some that I ordered from Etsy a while ago.
The fabric on the shoes has a pattern stitched in it. I used that as a pattern placement guide.
Now... If I actually start wearing them, I have a few more ideas.
I went through the closet and found these. Likely candidates for the bead treatment.
I imagine that for the boots I will just do anklets that can be switched out.
Now all I have to do is come up with something to brighten up the sandals. When I put them on, they look like I have rags wound around my feet. They definitely need improvement. I am going to have to think of something. Back to beading.
See you tomorrow.
Love what you did to the sandals, Casey!
ReplyDeleteHi Casey! It appears that you have given your poor sandals, a new soul! :D Love your addition of the turquoise beads!
ReplyDeleteHello Casey,
ReplyDeleteYour energy, creativity and love of life are infectious!
Big hug,
Giac