I have decided to use as much recycling stuff as I can. The dome was 5.00 and the base was a .25 cent garage sale find, so I don't want to get too carried away. I am doing the infamous egg carton stone floor. I used one top lid for the entire floor.
I bent the edge of the inside top over the lip so that it looks like thick stone. Oh! And I used a circle of the foam core board that I purchased at Dollar Tree a while ago. I made it about an eighth of an inch smaller all around than the inside circumference of the glass. That was to make sure that I had room for the stonework. When the floor is finished, I will glue it to the wooden base. That will provide at non slip base for the dome.
I stained the base with Min Wax Provincial. Here you see the floor sitting on the base. This is just the egg cartons cut and glued on. I have not yet used the stylus on the seams or done any painting. That's the next step.
Last night Tessie used a whip and a chair to keep me cornered and working on her baskets...OK, so I wanted to try some of the new thread.
She volunteered to pose on the floor after I got the grout lines embossed with the stylus....We won't talk about the fact that I couldn't find the stylus and finally gave up and used the head of a crochet hook...
The red and green one by her side is a work in progress. Poke the picture, as usual.
I am going back now and work on both the dome and the baskets. If I know Tessie, I will be doing baskets until I am blue in the face, so I had better get started.
See you tomorrow.