The witches came to my house today. I made pita bread from scratch and put out all kinds of things to stuff them with and then we stuffed ourselves. A good time was had by all.
I did manage to finish the quilt that I started yesterday.
Here you see it ironed onto the pellon and laid on the backing fabric. I trimmed it to the edges of the interfacing. Then I put the backing fabric under it, face down. Then I trimmed the fabric to about 1/2 to 3/4" all around. I cut off the corners to about a quarter inch and then folded the raw edge of the fabric to the raw edge of the tape all around and pinned it in place. I blind stitched the edge to the front of the quilt and mitered the corners as I went.
Here's Tessie, holding the quilt up for you to see. If you click on the image, you will get a larger view. As you can see, the back is solid and just wraps to the front for a border. It is a bit stiff, but it can be pinned down or glued to a bed if that's what you want to do. Tessie will probably just use it for a lap quilt, since it is quite small. I didn't bother to quilt it since it already resembles a quilted piece with all of the squares that are kind of three dimensional.
I have to go clean up the witchy mess now. Sorry for the short entry. Let me know if there are any questions about the quilt.
Gotta run. See you tomorrow.
41 minutes ago