
I have just started working on the roof tiles, now that I have them all glued down. I found this photo in the images folder of MSN,under the heading of "slate roofs" and it is just one of about five photos that I am using as examples. It looks a bit light for slate, but slate comes in lots of different colors and I like this one. I even found one example that was streaked with a kind of pink. That one was interesting. I have several choices and I may change horses in the middle of the stream.....Remember the six year old that is doing this?
I am hacking away with an Exacto knife and sanding with an emery board. This is just one corner of the roof and I haven't gotten much further down the courses than this. Real housework is interfering with it.
Just ignore me while I amuse myself. I will show you the finished roof in a day or two.
Tessie is getting very upset with me because I am taking time on the roof. She wants me working on the shop interior.
Tessie is getting very upset with me because I am taking time on the roof. She wants me working on the shop interior.
She should know by now that I never go at anything head on. That's no fun.
Anyway, when I finish, I am hoping that the egg cartons will disappear and the slate will stay, whatever color it winds up being. The tiles around Tessie's feet are not even started yet. I think that I should take the used Exacto blade away from her. She will probably start doing it herself.
Did I mention that there was one example of a slate roof from Scotland that has a lot of interesting moss and wee plants stuck in the cracks and crevices? Yup. I liked that one too. Stay tuned to see what happens. It could be a combination of all. Who knows?
See you tomorrow.
Can't wait to see what you do next with the roof. I love looking at photos and then trying to do my own thing. My download files are stuffed with ideas!
ReplyDeleteHave a great evening. Better get that blade away from Tessie. Just seeing that in her hands makes me nervous!
Aw they look really good, real slate huh?lol
ReplyDeleteI find it hard to make them look like that everything I do must be flat lol
I gotta work on that!