Anyway, he gave me free reign to do what I wanted with the shoes. As I was painting them, Tessie showed up. She loves shoes, even though she never wears them. I fear that Walter may have to fight her for this pair. Nope. Not her size, but everything else about them is Tessie worthy.
You see, I turned them into alligator shoes. You say, "What's so spiffy about alligator shoes?" I say, "These really are alligator shoes....."
Eat your heart out Nike! I may still put a few scales on them here and there. Tessie is already trying to put a spell on them so that they will come to life and fly. Never mind that alligators don't fly. I am hoping for spell failure.... If she manages it, Walter may never see his shoes again.
While I was at it, he needed a new patch for his golf hat to go with the shoes. He thought up the idea and I executed it. Pardon the expression....
He no longer belongs to a golf club....He belongs to a ghoulf club. My spell check is working. It just turned ghoulf a bright yellow.
He no longer belongs to a golf club....He belongs to a ghoulf club. My spell check is working. It just turned ghoulf a bright yellow.
He should look really spiffy if I can manage to snatch the shoes back. The last I saw of them they were flying in tandem towards Tessie's cottage.
See you tomorrow.
Love the shoes Casey...
ReplyDeleteThose shoes are really spiffy! Betcha we'll see them at WalMart very soon.
ReplyDeleteI still say "spiffy" and those alligator shoes rock!
ReplyDeleteMy own Walter will be soooo jealous, more over he cannot play on Fridays and Saturdays because he works.Have a nice day Rosanna
ReplyDeleteExcellently spiffy shoes! We actually do have alligators on our golf course ... these would be so very appropriate. What a clever girl you are.
ReplyDeleteTabitha
Rosanna, My Walter gets to play every other Friday. The 9/80 in the title of the club is because of the hours that the guys work. They work 9 days in two weeks and 80 hours in two weeks. That's how he gets to play.
ReplyDeleteLove the shoes! What kind of paint did you use?
ReplyDeleteI say spiffy all the time too! I don't think I have ever met anyone else that says it- besides my Mom :) The shoes are fantastic- he is going to be the envy of the ghoulf club!!!
ReplyDeleteEliza, since it doesn't have to last forever, I just used plain old Ceramcoat Acrylic out of the bottle and Sharpie pens. If I wanted it to last forever, I would probably go to a lot more trouble and be sure to spray them with a varnish of some kind.
ReplyDelete